We are committed to providing exceptional care and support to each of our clients. We understand that life is unpredictable and sometimes appointments cannot be kept. However, we also recognize the importance of maintaining a reliable and efficient service for all who seek our help.
This policy is about mutual respect and consideration. When a session is booked, your counsellor dedicates that time exclusively to you, preparing to meet your specific needs. Missed appointments without appropriate notice can lead to an underutilization of our resources, potentially delaying care for individuals who could have benefitted from that time slot. Advising us in advance if you’re unable to attend a session allows us to reallocate that time to someone in need, perhaps someone who is in urgent need of support. With this in consideration, we have developed the following Appointment Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy:
- A full 24 hours’ notice is required for cancelling or rescheduling appointments. Clients are invited to contact their counsellors directly through email or to leave a message on the clinic’s voicemail if they would like to adjust their appointment.
- If a client cancels or reschedules an appointment with less than 24 hours’ notice, they will be billed $15 for the missed appointment. This also applies to same-day bookings that are subsequently cancelled.
- Clients who do not provide notice and fail to show up for a scheduled appointment (“no show”) will be billed $30 for the missed appointment.
- Clients must inform their counsellor as soon as possible if they were unable to attend an appointment due to a reason beyond their control, such as a medical emergency, a death in the family, or a natural disaster. Clients will not be billed if an appointment is missed due to an extenuating circumstance.
- Life circumstances may arise which make attending counselling on an ongoing basis difficult or even impossible. Clients who cancel three consecutive appointments are asked to take a 6-month break from counselling.
Clients receive emailed appointment reminders that are set up through their client profile in the Jane App booking system, sent out 2 days before their appointment time. Clients also have the option of adding SMS reminders 2 hours before their session. While clients can deactivate these reminders in their profile, clients understand that in doing so that they are solely responsible for remembering their appointments. Also, rarely, the Jane App may be subject to technical problems whereby reminders are not sent out. These reminders are a courtesy only and clients are responsible to keep or cancel their appointment regardless of whether they receive a reminder or not. If you require clarification about the date and/or time of your next appointment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or your counsellor by email.
Your cooperation in this matter profoundly impacts the quality of care we can provide. Your understanding of this policy not only help us serve you better but also extend that same quality of care to our wider community.
Thank you for helping us create a caring and responsible environment for all.