We have received your completed intake form and commend you for taking the first step towards your counselling journey.
An admin staff will be in contact with you between two and five business days to confirm information and advise you on the next steps. Please note that we are currently experiencing higher a higher-than-normal number of requests but will get back to you as soon as possible.
In an emergency or crisis?
If you are in a crisis or emergency, or are worried that you or a loved one is at risk of harm, please speak with someone immediately:
- Call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency room if you are afraid of hurting yourself or someone else, or if no other options are available.
- Call 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) if you or someone you know is having thoughts of suicide.
- Circle of Care: KUU-US Indigenous Crisis Line Support Available 24 Hrs – 1-800-588-8717.
- 310Mental Health Support: 310-6789 (no area code needed) to speak to a crisis line worker 24/7. Crisis line workers listen to you and offer support with no judgement. If you need to find a program or tips for your own mental health, they can help you find them.
How do I know if I’m having a crisis?
In these situations, you need immediate help:
- You are thinking about or trying to end your life
- You are making choices that put you in serious danger
- You are unable to care for yourself, and it’s putting you at risk of serious harm
- You are experiencing dangerous side effects from medication, like allergic reactions
- You are experiencing an alcohol or drug overdose
- You are taking a dangerous combination of drugs
Metro Vancouver Indigenous Counselling